Thursday, September 3, 2009

DEPECHE MODE


Joe wasn't too happy that I went a little crazy with the Depeche Mode memorabilia, but how often do you get a memory like this! We look great!



We were sweating so bad, it was a great night! I think our boys would have thought we were the coolest moms, dancin' around rockin' out to the music. It was an awesome mommy's night out.




They put on an amazing show!





The Ashle/y Twins
I have to admit to a secret addiction. I'm addicted to Depeche Mode. I can't even remember how long this has been going on. Sine i was young. I have an extremely cool brother who introduced me to the love of music at a young age. He taught me to love, appreciate and surround myself with music. Well, my dream has come true. I've always wanted to see depeche mode in concert and when i had the opportunity 4 years ago I was unable to go at the last minute and I have tortured myself with guilt since. But I have redeemed myself. As the date of the DM concert approached last month, I became increasingly depressed. I had promised myself no matter what, I wouldn't miss them again. Well there I sat on my couch the day before the concert. Sad as can be. I didn't have tickets, I was a sad sad case.
Then something came to me. This dream won't come true on it's own. I need to take action and make it happen. I have to will it to happen. So, my brain started coming up with all these ideas. I couldn't go alone, but it was too late to have my sister or mom fly to go to it with me. I called up my "twin" and asked if she liked depeche mode. I was guessing she'd say no and that I'd have to convince her to come with me. I called her anyways and she told me she really liked them. YAY! I told her I'd buy the tickets if she came with me and if he hubby watched the kids. We were on! It was awesome! One of the best nights of my life, and that's saying something!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that was the most awesome night of my life! And you did it total justice with your story! I wish I could just re-live that concert everyday of my life... and you'll never guess who my new idol is... you're right! Dave Gahan!
    Your sister from another mother,
    Ashle(y)

    ReplyDelete