
It was nice to be of service to my sister and her family. It felt great to help her and be there at that exciting memorable time. It did however make me realize yet again how much I am not ready for another baby. It's only been a year and watching her go through labor brought back all my memories of recovery from my c-sections, um, no thank you!
A couple days after the boys met me in Boise, Anderson and Emmett got sick. Emmett spent the night throwing up, poor guy, and Anderson was getting a cold. They always get sick when we go out of town. It's just what happens. So, instead of staying around there, next to the new baby, we headed back home to Rexburg. Joe and I were pretty bummed about our Memorial weekend getting cut short. The whole drive home we were pretty grumpy. We finally decided that we would check out Yellowstone Bear World on Monday. What a great idea!
We slept in on Monday and around 3 we headed to Bear World. It was fun. Low key. We drove through and saw the Bison, Deer and of course the bears. Anderson thought it was great. A bear even crossed in front of our van. Then we went and saw the baby bears. They're the same size as Emmett and they were crawling around and rolling around in the dirt. We went into the petting zoo area where we thought Anderson would LOVE seeing all the animals up close. Nope, he was freaked out. Emmett didn't mind the animals at all. I let go of Anderson's hand once and he ran towards to doors to get out. I guess he liked the animals best from a distance. The one animal he did try and get closer to was the pig. Kinda fitting since Anderson is the messy one in our family. They even had amusement rides, so Anderson went on his first roller coaster! He had fun on those.
So you guys went to Bear World, huh? That's cool! I was wondering when you guys would go. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Was it worth the money? Brandon and I have always wanted to go... Maybe someday.
ReplyDelete