Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our life so far

Make way for baby #3

Pretty much just a picture of a blob but that's a baby alright and I'm due May 22nd (subject to change when we get a better ultrasound next month). The same week Emmett turns 2 years old! We are so excited!! We were able to hear the heartbeat today. I never get tired of listening to the heartbeat. It's my favorite sound. The sound of a miracle.

I don't really have a preference either way for a boy or a girl. A girl would be nice while my chances are still good to get one. I've heard my chances go down with each boy. Who knows. We shall see.

I wanted to be completely sure! (Tested 9/20/2010)

It all hit me like a ton of bricks when I got Anderson on the bus and walked into the apartment and puked. I didn't even think about a baby but Joe suggested I take a test. Go figure!

Potty Training

We got this idea from my therapist who just finished potty training his little kid. You attach a string to the ceiling and then attach a piece of candy to the string. When they've gone potty they can jump up and grab their treat. So far so good.

Emmett thinks it's pretty entertaining too.


Preschool!

THE BUS!!! YAY!
When I was told Anderson had the option of riding the bus I thought AWESOME!!!! But then I started to feel a little guilty for being the mom to put her 3 year old on the bus and not being super mom and driving him to and from school. I talked to his teacher and she said that the kids that don't ride the bus all wish they did and the kids that do, it's the highlight of their day. So, I decided to not make Anderson miss out on such a cool thing. He loves it. And so do I. It's more time I have to get stuff done and hang out with Emmett instead of driving around. Anderson doesn't like getting off the bus. It's really cool because they have car seats for the kids. If they didn't I could just see Anderson hanging out the back window for the ride!


Waiting for the bus.

Daddy made it home just in time to watch Anderson get on the bus for his first day of school.

Anderson had to miss the first official day of school because the day before he caught what Emmett had, even though I had been trying to avoid that from happening. Oh well. I tried. I felt horrible making him miss his first day but I just didn't talk about it so I don't think he noticed the difference. He was good to go the next preschool day.

Anderson turned 3!

Opening presents. He wanted to sit next to his friend, Shaw, our next door neighbor.

Joe dropped the cake just as he was placing it on the table so it's a little warped.


Anderson pitched a fit at the restaurant we went to for his birthday and someone was having a birthday party there that night and they gave him 2 birthday balloons. I'm not sure what he learned from that. But both the boys enjoyed them. :(

4 comments:

  1. wow! your boys are so big! Your hair is getting so long! you're pregnant!!!!! how exciting. It would have been fun for us to have babies around the same time, but maybe it will happen the next time you have a baby :) I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats on the baby! I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited! I was in town on Thursday and tried to stop by...and I KNOW you were home...maybe puking...or sleeping...or doing other things prego women do...but ANYWAY, I wanted to see you! We move back in December...will you be around still? Anderson is so cute! I can't beleive he is in preschool!! that is wild. Nice to hear how things are going!

    ReplyDelete