Friday, November 19, 2010

preggo chat

I have yet to go to sleep for the night!

I think I've finally reached the beginning of the uncomfortable pregnancy sleep stage. It's now too uncomfortable to sleep on my back and I can't really sleep on my stomach much longer anymore. Sleeping on my left side is slowly becoming my only option. Bummer!

Plus, my mind seems to intensify ALL the noises around me. Things that normally wouldn't bother me, do -like Star snoring, the ticking of the clock, cars driving by, neighbors, coughing kids, etc. Including my hubby's snoring!! He might as well be snoring into a mega phone, it's terrible. I lay in bed for hours, it seems, just nudging him over and over (more like kicking though). So sad, huh? Enough with complaining . . . for now.

I'm in my 2nd trimester now and so far in this pregnancy I've lost about 10 lbs, give or take 2 lbs depending on the day. Not bad. Joe informed me yesterday that I am now showing. I must have JUST started to show because up until a day or so ago my pants fit just fine. Now, they are starting to get a little snug, nothing too bad, but I guess it's starting - the "hot" pregnancy look.

I've been feeling a lot better with the whole "morning" sickness thing. Every couple of days it will hit me when I wake up but if I eat soon enough, it goes away after a bit. Life would be perfect if I didn't have to change messy diapers on 2 little boys. That doesn't help the gag reflex much. To be positive though, I haven't thrown up in over a week so I'm happy with that.

One negative aspect of pregnancy is my heightened sense of smell. It's crazy! I've asked Joe many times why it is that with all that pregnancy puts a woman through; why can we smell EVERYTHING too? I've been at the store and have walked past a garbage can that I would have never before noticed, when I am sickened by the smell. I know the second the kids have a messy diaper! Even after they are changed, I can't seem to get rid of the smell, even though no one else seems to smell it. It's awful!! It's as if I'm being tortured. Dramatic, I know, but that's how it seems to me. :) Okay, now I'm done complaining.

I think I've started to feel the first movements of the baby. It's only happened a couple times. If I lay down and relax completely I can feel some fluttering movements. It's hard to explain but for those who have felt those first movements know what I'm talking about. It's something you never really forget. Kinda cool. That's one perk of having your second, third, fourth, etc baby. You get to feel the baby a lot sooner because you know what to feel for.

I was looking through pictures and I came across these pictures of me at the end of my last 2 pregnancies:



Pregnant with Anderson @ 36 weeks and 4 days.
This picture was taken 2 hours or so before Anderson was born.
Don't mind the date on the photo, it's all wrong.


Pregnant with Emmett @ 36 weeks and 3 days.
I can't find a picture of me pregnant with Emmett at 39 weeks, except for one that shows my bare belly and no one needs to see that. :)

Gives me something to look forward to. :)

P.S. Can you believe I've been pregnant at some point every year since 2006? That's kind of insane to think about. Who does that to themselves? Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Girl- you DO rock the hot prego look! I totally saw the picture and thought that was how you looked with this new baby! I was like...wait a minute how far along IS she??? Then I read the post...you do rock it well though. I am excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete