Okay, really quick so I don't forget.
On Wednesday I had an ultrasound with Maternal Fetal Medicine and all looks great. Our little girl has been kicking quite a bit and it's been fun and a huge relief to feel her moving more and more. Her heartbeat was 149 and she weighs 1 lb 5 oz. which is kinda on the big side = 80th percentile. I'm really hoping she's not a monster size baby like her older brother, Anderson. Please, oh please, no.
We didn't get any pictures but she is so cute! She had her head stretched back the whole time during the ultrasound and she had her hand up by her ear and her jaw was moving. Looked like she was talking on the phone. Practicing, maybe?
She had one of her legs crossed under her, like you might do when you sit on a chair with your leg tucked under you. But they checked multiple times and she is, in fact, still a girl!!!!
There was one shot where we were looking down at her nose and upper lip. Joe very nicely pointed out that she has a big nose. How rude! I think she looks perfect!
My facebook status was:
We had an ultrasound the other day and I was talking to Joseph about how absolutely beautiful our daughter is. He looked at me and said, "Umm, all I saw were bones and some organs on that ultrasound." I guess it's a mom thing, but she's the most beautiful little girl to me and we haven't even met face to face yet.
I think she's adorable and I'm so excited to meet her in December.
Unfortunately, my placenta previa has not "fixed" itself so they will check again in 6 weeks. Ugh. I asked my doctor how bad it was and she said if I were to start bleeding I would have a "significant amount of bleeding". Okay, well, just a little stressful but it'll all be okay. The good news is, the placenta is in the back and not the front which is REALLY good. With the scar tissue from my 2 previous c-sections, if the placenta were to have attached in the front it would most likely grow into the scar tissue. Really bad situation which could possibly lead to a hysterectomy. So, that's the news so far.
I'm 23 weeks today so I'll try and get the kids to chill long enough so I can have Joseph snap a pic of my growing belly.
I don't think my belly looks any bigger since the last picture but I sure do feel pregnant more than I did a few weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment