Saturday, December 29, 2012

Our Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas! It really helped that my sister lives in Memphis now. We all met at my in-law's house Christmas afternoon and had yummy food and passed out presents. I think having children really makes the holidays special.
The top presents from us to the kids were as follows:

Anderson- Optimus Prime Transformer toy - He loves it!!!!


Emmett- Patch Treasure Chest Lalaloopsy doll - He likes it but it's not a princess so we are giving it some time.


Tatum- Elephant ball popper - She's scared of it but slowly warming up to the idea.


Annnd for Joseph and I, we bought ourselves . . . drum roll please . . .
a treadmill!!!!!!!!!!
 
I have been waaaaiting for this purchase. For one, I'm kinda fat, gasp, I know! Second, I ran long distance in track back in high school and I have been craving a good run for a long while. BUT, I don't have the independence I had back in the day so going for a run is a luxury that can't really take place . . . which leads me to the beauty of a treadmill. Although it takes up a large space in my living room, I don't mind it at all. We picked it up about a week before Christmas and I've used it almost every other day. I think I might be in love!!

This is not a New Years resolution, I don't make or keep those. This, however, is a life change. I don't see myself ever slimming down to my pre-kids size, my body has probably "matured" too much. hehe, yeah. But, I want to be healthy and active. Although I chase after kids all day, I feel like I could do more. So, I am. Anyways, at this rate I might 'slim' down by this time next year but I'll be having fun rockin' out to my ipod while burning calories between now and then.

All presents aside, we had an awesome time taking goodies over to people's houses and feeling the true meaning of Christmas. Anderson helped Joe go up to most of the doors and knock and he was very excited to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. We love the jingle bell people outside the stores. I try to always have a coin for each of the kids to put in the bucket as we come and go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment