Monday, May 13, 2013

Celebration of life

Today is the day, the day we remember our precious Temperance. May 13th was when we planned to have her via c-section. I love that I can still think back to being pregnant with her. She was my 4th pregnancy and wow did I start showing fast. I loved my little baby bump. I have this distinct memory of standing at the stove in the kitchen of our 2 bedroom apartment at Peterson Pointe in Rexburg. I remember looking down and thinking of her and picturing her. She was such a wonderful surprise. It's amazing how you can fall so incredibly in love with something, you can't see or hold, the moment the test turns positive. I'll always cherish the moments I had carrying her, even if it ended too soon and so sadly. I remember feeling a distinct twinge and memories of those same twinges came flooding back from when I had been pregnant with the boys. You never really forget that feeling but it's so hard to put it into exact words.

Today we celebrate our love for her. We celebrate her beginning. We are celebrating such a wonderful gift from our Heavenly Father. We are grateful for the time that we were given.

I've been told by people that I need to get over it. That it was for the best. Honestly? She was created with love and she was ours. I don't know how things will turn out after this life, when it comes to our lost babies, but I believe that the Lord knows our sadness and the intensity of our love and he will make it right and all will work out. I hold onto this with a strong faith.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, it is nice to share pain and the joy you can still obtain from hard times. I thin it is a good idea to celebrate the life, as short as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who tell you to just "get over something" that truly and deeply affects you emotionally are jerks. Even if it is the cultural norm to just "get over" a miscarriage so they disagree with the way you are dealing with your loss, that doesn't mean they should be so rash with their words. Maybe they are jealous. I've never had a miscarriage and I hope to never have the experience, but who knows what will happen? I hope people won't tell me to just "get over it!"

    ReplyDelete