Anyways, I'm getting side tracked! So, I hate Valentine's day! I never make plans but Joe always seems to sneak in a little treat every year. Well, this year on Thursday the 12th, I checked out my ward blog and ta da I had an offer I couldn't and wouldn't refuse! A ward party/dance with dinner provided and FREE BABYSITTING!!!!!
If you know Joe and I, and you should by now, we love to dance, me much more than Joe but still we love dancing. So, I hinted for about a day and a half then I got demanding, surprise surprise! I told Joe, who by the way, did not ask for Valentine's Day off from work, so of course was scheduled to work that night, to call anyone and everyone and beg to get the night off.
To make my long story a little shorter, but not by much, Joe found someone to take over his shift but Saturday morning Joe was called into work for a guy that just didn't show up but they let him get off work at 5 which turned into 5:45. Either way, no worries!!! We got to the party just a little late, handed Anderson over to play with the other little kids and had a fantastic meal by candle light and danced the night away!!
Anderson's new outfit he wore for Valentine's day! Joe was so picky about what he could eat because he didn't want Anderson to get it dirty, that's my man!
I look huge, no need to say it. I'm 24+ weeks in this photo.
Family Photo
We took pictures when we got home from our date so we wouldn't forget the night.
When Joe came home late I was a little irked but he had a dozen roses in my favorite color in hand so I was okay with his tardiness. I was even okay that he spent money on flowers.
Side note: just another insight to my weirdness, I hate store bought flowers because they end up dying and then they are gone. You might as well have saved your money and given me a hug and picked a flower on the side of the road, I like that better. But Joe's pretty smart as to when I won't get upset about the store bought flowers idea. Plus, I knew he would try to sneak in some type of cute lovey gift in on V-day and they are so pretty I've over looked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment