Friday, April 24, 2009

3 weeks! GRRR

Bedrest is not as great as it sounds. Not only am I tired of being stuck in bed watching my home go to crap (Joe tries but he doesn't have the mommy touch). I have a 19 month old that wants me to hold him and since he's 29+ pounds that's out of the question. I'm tired of being a lazy bum! Joe gets upset with me for getting up and trying to spruce up the place, he's threatened me a few times if I didn't go back to bed. Plus, on top of everything, I'm worried about my unborn baby boy. Not to mention the annoying and painful contractions!

For those of you who don't know here's the short version of the story:

I'd been having braxton hicks contractions for a couple weeks here and there maybe once or twice a day or two. Nothing to worry about, all normal. Then I started noticing my contractions gettting slightly more frequent and more intense on Saturday. We were in WA visiting family so I didn't mention anything, no need to get all worked up. Then while traveling home my contractions got way out of hand but it was while I was driving so I thought it was due to me not resting enough. After staying at my dad's for a rest stop we got back in the car and they started up immediately. They were frequent and intense. I had had a few at my dad's but I was chasing Anderson so I couldn't stop to think much about them.

Well, we got home and I rested while Joe was at work but nothing seemed to help so I went to the hospital and they were about every 3-5 minutes apart and lasting 1 minute. I wasn't too happy since I'd done this whole thing with anderson.
I was hooked up to the monitors and they soon gave me a shot to stop the contractions. They didn't fully stop but they were a lot less frequent and less intense. They said that I was slightly dehydrated but not enough to be put into labor. So, there wasn't much to blame on why I was contracting. They checked me and I was at 1cm. So that's when I was put on bedrest.

I met with my doc 2 days later for a check up and he informed me that I will need to be on bedrest until I hit 37 weeks. How we are suppose to take care of Anderson while Joe's at work and school fulltime makes not sense to us. He's been napping a lot and when he wakes up I call Joe and he comes home to take care of him.
So joe's become daddy and mommy and mommy's become a lazy bum. It's driving me nuts!!

I gotta get back to bed (shhh, don't tell joe!)
I'm tired of looking at my ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment