We have been so busy. Not really with moving but spending time with family. That's why we chose to move here for how ever long this last; to be with family. My sister and her kids come over often and my sister and I were able to celebrate our birthdays together. My dad stops by a lot and fixes things here and there, like dad's do. I still don't know exactly where I am located at any given moment. I've always been horrible with directions and whenever I move, I may as well have moved abroad. I feel lost everywhere I go. I'm attached to my GPS wherever I go.
The kids are loving all the space we have. We have a backyard and we've found some deals on good ol' craigslist for outdoor play toys so the kids are loving the freedom. Not having snow have been WONDERFUL. We did see a little snow after we moved here but it was NOTHING compared to what we have been suffering though the past 5+ years. It melted quickly.
I've decided that the best invention made is a garage. Ahhh, I love my garage. I can load up the kids without them running around the neighborhood - since they are trapped within the walls of the garage. I can store things in the garage so no more storage unit and having to drive to go and get something I need. I also love having a backyard. Run and play children, burn that energy and fall asleep fast at night. 2 bathrooms! Now Joe and I don't have to fight over who gets to go potty first. (Yes, we say potty in our house.) The first day in our new place Anderson got up from the table and ran to the bathroom and then ran back and looked at me. I caught on and went and helped him go potty. We're working on potty training STILL, but having a bathroom just for the boys helps out a ton. EXCEPT, Emmett monkey pants thinks it's cool to unroll new rolls of toilet paper into the toilet. Ugh, so that's a downside. 3rd bedroom = BLISS! We use it as part toy room/guest room. It's a nice quiet place to hide from the kids on occasion - until they come looking for me. Privacy!!!! It took us a few days to finally get use to the idea that our neighbors can't hear us. Let the kids jump around and yell. Watch movies as loud as we want. Vacuum whenever there's a mess and I feel like it. Fight with Joe and know that no one is eavesdropping.
Things have been good. We're working on adding to our family so among all this stress of moving I'm trying to not stress too much so I can relax and hope that the stork will make a detour and find us at our new place. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ready to get pregnant again. If it's too soon. I know I want a baby so very bad but I hope I'm not trying to replace or fix what happened with baby #4. WARNING: TMI - - The doc gave us the okay to start trying at the beginning of last month. I went to the store and bought a couple boxes of ovulation kits and started counting and tracking and researching what I could. I cried when I wasn't pregnant this month. Seems like the more I pray for a baby, the more people I know get pregnant. BLAH! I feel so behind in the game. Out of 4 pregnancies, I only have 2 children. When I get to thinking about it, I start to feel like I'm drowning. Like no matter how hard I try, I'll never be caught up and I just keep feeling weighed down. Probably not making any sense. Confuses me sometimes too. For some reason, I feel like time is running out. If I don't get pregnant this month then we won't have a baby in 2011. My mind is stuck on having a baby this year. It was suppose to happen so I'm psychotically determined to make it come true. My absolute last resort goal is to be pregnant by my due date. That's 8 weeks. Yes, I like to go the the baby sites and look up my due date to see how far along I'd be. Complete torture, I know. My friend mentioned how I should block those sites, they only cause pain.
Enough with the depressing part.
Joe's mom came to visit and we had fun hanging out. Between Joe being in between jobs and Docia visiting, I haven't been doing the whole stay-at-home mom thing with just me and the boys. I hope to ease into it so it's not a shock to my nerves when I'm left to entertain them all day every day. There's plenty to do though. Plenty of space to run and play, indoors or out.
Here are some pics for you to enjoy of our time here, so far, with family.
Family photo time in our pjs. Check out our new couches. We love them.
Like Anderson's tissue stuffed nose?

Anderson had a few bloody noses after we moved here. Probably the change in weather, along with being a boy who picks his nose. This is Emmett's new face when he's trying to be sassy and funny all rolled into one.
Grandma York comes to visit!
CHEESE!
Kisses from Star. Anderson has started to love putting puzzles together. Like Mother, like son.
Don't laugh, it was puzzle time. Who doesn't get a little crazy when your having fun putting a bunny puzzle together.
Chalk time with the cousins. Hunter Bud by his name.
Ethan by his name.
Emmett sitting on his name. :)
Manhattan - the princess of the bunch.
Anderson, struggling to sit still for the picture.
All of the above pictures were taken at our new place, just to give you an idea of what things look like.
Hey! It is so nice to get an update. You totally make me want to pack up and move to hibbard or st anthony utnil John is done with school- get me out of apartments, stat! (from the pics your place looks a lot bigger- nice!) Hey, good luck with the whole pregnancy thing- its gotta be tough- you are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to hear about your recent happenings. congrats on getting a new place! It sounds like all of you are just loving it! Seems like a very cute place from the pics. I'm excited to see more :) Also, I'm sorry to hear about your hard times with having a baby. You are so excited to let your cute family grow and it's exciting to hear about! I really hope your timing goals happen with that ;) your family is so cute!
ReplyDelete