Sunday, February 13, 2011

My moving stress vent session --- thanks for reading!

It seems like we haven't been up to much. We went to Boise for a week and a half. Anderson and I stayed at my sister's house while Joe and Emmett took a trip to Tennessee. Joe had to have a root canal and to save some $$$ we opted for him to fly home to have it taken care of. I heard that Emmett had fun and was spoiled. Joe enjoyed having his mom take over parental duties so he could relax and chill. I was jealous! I hungout with my sister and her sick kids. While we were there my sister came down with the flu and I came down with who knows what! Anderson was pretty good most of the visit but a few days before we came home he caught pink eye from baby Reid and it all went down from there. By the time we all got home to Rexburg on Saturday, we drove straight to the ER and had Anderson checked out with chest x-rays and a flu test. Diagnosis: Acute Bronchitis and Pink eye. YAY! Monday landed 3 of us in the doc's office. We left with 3 prescriptions for Antibiotics and cough medicines. We've been pretty chill here, sleeping a lot.

While in Boise, I worked hard looking for a house to rent. We're excited to move up in the world and have extra rooms, a backyard and to not share walls with our neighbors. It was super stressful and I'm looking forward to being done with the whole move.
Joe's been applying everywhere. He had 2 interviews this week and took a trip to Boise by himself. We're hoping he lands a job soon.

With Joseph's trip to TN, his trip to Boise and him working in between, I feel like I've hardly seen Joe. We definitely need a date!

Between being sick, taking care of sick kiddos and being out of town, I've been packing a lot of boxes.


I wish packing looked like this. Awww, so relaxing and sweet.


NOPE! --- I have little helpers that make it an adventure. I usually pack when they sleep but sometimes I pack while they are awake and it doesn't work so much. I put things in a box and they reach in and dig them out. They climb them, try to carry them, empty them and tip them over.We've started stacking them in our room to make them less irresistible. Out of sight out of mind.


It still amazes me how much these little monsters own. Before we had kids we could pack up the bed of a truck and maybe have some stuff in our car and we were good. NOW . . . we have to rent a 26' Uhaul truck. YIKES!!
They have 2 beds, clothes and more clothes and toys, toys and more toys. Their own dishes, cups, sippys, towels, diapers, stuffed animals, tv, movies, games, rocking chairs, booster seat, playpen, potty chair, stroller, car seats and everything else I forgot. This also doesn't include the stuff they don't use at the moment. Like a crib, swing, bumbo, highchair, baby toys, play mat, hammock, glider, bottles, pump, blah blah blah blah. Geez!! Kids are kind of high maintenance with all the stuff they need/have/want. Maybe if we sell a few more things we can get the 17' truck but . . . probably not. That would be a tight squeeze.

One of the tough parts of packing is that you still need to use the stuff you need to pack. ??????? I have to wait til the very last couple days before we move to pack a lot of stuff, like dishes, pots and pans, bedding, beds, clothes, bathroom supplies, tv/dvd/wii, food, computer and heaven forbid . . . the TOYS!!!!! I packed up the contents of the book shelf and what do you know? We didn't have any books to read when Anderson had his PSR guy come over. boo. I felt stupid.

I have been able to take down the knick knacks and pictures off the walls. I've packed up all the clothes and shoes, except for what will fit in our suitcases. I've packed up the "big kid" board and card games. Most of our office supplies and computer "stuff". The blender along with some random less used kitchen items have been packed away too. Along with the manly man tools. They are rarely used anyways. :) The bathroom supplies are all packed except for those items that are most truly needed.

I look around and it seems as if I have sooooo much more to do in the next 2 weeks. UGH!

I'm thinking I need to go to Sam's and buy paper plates, plastic utensils and cups and be done with dishes and just pack up the kitchen already.

One more thing! How do you deep clean while you still live in your home. Sure, I clean here and there every day but in order to get our deposit back, I'm gonna need to deep clean this place and the whole idea just baffles me. Our little monsters are constantly making messes and . . . yes, so are we. I'll be cleaning up until the very last second we walk out the door. It's a lot different this time since we have to be all packed up and ready to go at the same time. I can't just make trips over to our new place and come back and clean the "old" place. Our new place is 5 hours away. And I'm driving the kids in the van while Joe takes on the challenge of driving the Uhaul.

As always, it'll be an adventure.

2 comments:

  1. I love your personality coming out in this post! I miss you guys. I hope that you can have some time to relax in the next two weeks that will be so stressful. I'm so excited for you having a new home! we will definitely have to stop by and see you all when we travel to see Eric's family. You will be right on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I found your blog off someone's facebook page...probably Joe's. I grew up with Joe and loved reading your blog. Especially the side bar about how you guys met. I have a blog too. Send me an email and I'll invite you. It's private.
    Carole
    sancho_cc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete