In the last few months of 2010 we had our fair share of "fun" times. But we survived!!
As you all know, we got pregnant, lost the baby, I fell into a deep depression and went away for some help, we had a run in with CPS (thanx to whom ever was "concerned" we had a good laugh - We passed with flying colors, thank you). Dealing with CPS while mourning the loss of our baby was absolutely perfect timing. NOT!!! But I am content in knowing that someone in my life "thinks" that I am an unfit parent. If you'd like, I have a letter from the authorities stating that I am a fit parent and my children are well cared for. So . . .HA!
We celebrated our 6th year Anniversary. We celebrated Christmas as the flu swept through our home. Unfortunately, the one person who we all could have used a few down days of was skipped completely. Anderson was the only one who didn't catch the flu. So while we were all sporting the 103+ temps, chills, body aches, etc. he was happily bouncing off the walls. Yay!
Joe and I had fun on our anniversary. Even though we still talked about the baby we were able to enjoy a good dinner at Olive Garden and catch a movie - Life As We Know It - it was really funny, and even though I thought it might bother me to watch it, it didn't. It reminded me a lot of what it was like when we became parents for the first time when Anderson was born. Hilarious!
Here's a picture of us on our anniversary:

For Christmas I asked Joe to make me somethings and finish up some projects that were collecting dust.
Here they are:
This project has been in progress for a while and I just wanted Joe to finish it up for me. Looks great!
We found this shelf at DI for $1 and now that I have things to put on it we set it up.
The plaque under the shelf is from my Grandma for Christmas.
Picture frame from the boys to Daddy.
This was one of the crafty things I wanted Joe to do for me as a present. A photo frame wall collage .
I also wanted Joe to make me a plaque with our last name and our wedding date.
We did somewhat the same thing with these plaques for the boys.

We couldn't put our presents under the tree until after the kids went to bed on Christmas Eve. The boys can't be trusted with wrapped presents.

Making our gingerbread house, The boys ate the candy more than decorated.

Anderson's sugar high. :)

Their personalized rocking chairs. Emmett and Squeakers (aka Anderson)

Matching outfits.
Bullzeye the rocking horse.
My mom got me this. I love things that have to do with cleaning my floors.

Joe gave me this. I have wanted one for forever.

Our present from Joe's parents. We'll have this table for a long time. We love it!





Joe gave me this Willow Tree statue of 2 brothers. Awwww.
I searched so hard for this toy. Emmett loves it . . . both actually.

Our exciting toy! BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!! Doesn't Joe look miserable?
Both boys got their own rocking chairs with their names on them. Thanks Grandma Paula and Grandpap!
I was happy to take the tree down the first thing on the 26th. Good thing because the flu kicked in for me later that evening. I was out for the count for a couple days.
Emmett came down with the flu on the night of the 30th so we rang in the New Year at home under blankets watching a House marathon. One minute before midnight we switched it over to the news and watched the ball drop, kissed and went to bed. I realized that I've come a long way from how I use to ring in the new year.
Because of the flu invading our home, we had to postpone the memorial until we were feeling better. We went to Applebee's and had an all out feast. After dinner Joe gave me this beautiful Willow Tree figure along with a poem he wrote. It not only represents our recent miscarriage, but it also represents our previous miscarriage. I have always believed strongly that both babies were girls, so Joe incorporated that into his gift. I didn't know Joe could write poems but he's pretty good. I learn something new about him all the time. It was good to have some closure.
Two Brothers, so mischievous and wild,
Will soon grow to be men so meek and mild.
For they have two sisters guiding from on high,
Awaiting their reunion that is more quickly coming nigh.
With every passing moment, their lives become more real,
Even though we cannot see them, we can still always feel.

I got a perm and so far I love it. My hair was too long to just throw in a ponytail every day. I wanted something fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment