Monday, May 16, 2011

What a week!

On Thursday, Anderson came home from school with a note informing me that they did a hearing test at school and he failed the test on his left side and may possibly have permanent hearing loss in that ear. Good to know.

Then Friday. . . the dreaded day! We had planned to deliver the baby Friday, May 13th via c-section. But as we all know life isn't perfect. I had nightmares all night. Joe had asked for the day off so we could be together as a family. We had some doc appointments in the AM for the boys and then we headed to the Zoo. It was fun. Anderson wanted to see the Giraffes and Emmett loves Monkeys so I think they were thrilled with getting their wish. We love the zoo and we try to go often during the summer. I've decided that going to the zoo with Anderson is the best thing. I remember in grade school going to the zoo and we'd linger for FOREVER at each exhibit. Ugh, I hated that. We see the animals, they're cute, we move on. Anderson and I will stop and check out an exhibit and if nothing was really happening, we'd say hi and then move on. If the animals were jumping around we'd chill for a bit and get a good laugh in. 1hr 30min-2hrs tops and were good to go. That's about all Anderson can take before he starts losing it. Same with me. It was very much a success.

While at the zoo, I missed a call from Emmett's doctor. About a week or so earlier we took the boys in for an initial doctor's visit to do a little checkup and meet their new physician. I mentioned that Emmett wasn't wetting enough diapers so they put a urine collection bag on him (strange) and monitiored him in the office. Not much of a result. So they said to see him in a week. Joe took him in Friday morning for a followup and they sent him home with another urine collection bag. It took hours but he finally "produced" something. So, we put it in the collection container and dopped it off. It didn't take long but they called back to let us know that they had scheduled him for a renal ultrasound. I freaked out! Not my baby!!!!! Emmett's the child I don't have to really worry about. A cold here, a little runny nose, maybe a little fussy once in a while . . . nothing serious.

Saturday, just a typical day with the kiddos. Joe had to work so we were hanging out and I was a little sick with a cold or something along with morning sickness so I laid down on the couch and dosed off to Spongebob. Out of no where Anderson jumps and lands right on my stomach! Ouch! I was cramping the rest of the night, I was sure something bad had happened.

Sunday was good. I felt better, cramping had stopped and Joe was home so I could chill. I was still stressed about Anderson's hearing and Emmett's kidney's and the baby in my tummy but what can you do?

Today, woke up early for a doctor's appointment for the baby. Didn't throw up! Saw the heartbeat, saw the baby kick it's legs and move it's arms and the doctor said everything looks perfect. I'm measuring 9 weeks and 4 days. My college roommate and her hubby stopped by for a visit on their way through town. That was nice to see a familiar face. And they stopped by and picked up some food for us to eat, yummmm, just what my pregnant body needed! No cooking required.

We have Emmett's ultrasound in the early morning and I hope to have the results by the afternoon. I'm still stressed but today helped me relax about that. I'm grateful that Anderson isn't completely deaf. There are many things to be grateful for. If he does have hearing problems, we'll work with it. We still have more testing to do before we know everything for sure.

That's more of our weekend and not week but we're rollin' with the punches.

And for your viewing pleasure . . . tada!

Look what I made . . . and Joe too.

Not the best pic but it will do for now. My scanner and I are not the best of friends.

Funny side note: Anderson decided about a week or so ago that there were 2 babies in my tummy. He told everyone that. Well, there's only one and he's a little disappointed. When I showed him the ultrasound picture he said, "Oh, it's an Anderson?" Ummm, no, there's only enough room for one Anderson in this family, but thanks for the offer. What a funny guy!

More pictures to come, I have a more detailed ultrasound with Maternal Fetal Medicine next week.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Stressful!! I hope all goes well with the ultrasound. Glad to hear that baby is doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! what a story! Cute picture of MERCEDES AUSTIN-MARTIN YORK!!!! Have you had the ultrasound of Emmett's yet? Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete