As mentioned here, Emmett wants to be a princess. Joe is really struggling with this. I'll admit, it's strange. But, it's cute and totally funny.
While shopping at Target, Joe took the boys to the toy section while Tatum and I did some shopping. Emmett picked out a nice holiday barbie. Joe let him carry the box around and when they met up with me, Emmett showed me his pretty find. I asked Joe if we were going to get it and he said no but that he'd picked out a racecar that drives up the wall instead (more manly). Joe didn't want the meltdown just yet so he let Emmett hold onto it while we were still in the store. I was proud that at least my son had picked out a clearance barbie. I'm obviously teaching him something. Frugality. :-)
Well, while Joe and I are making our final decisions on what we need vs. what I think we need, I look over and this is what I see . . .
Joe was not having it. The store was closing so Joe took the tutu off of Emmett and that's when the screaming ensued. He screamed all the way to the registers, through the checkout and out to the car, "I WANNA BE A PRINCESS!" It was actually pretty heartbreaking, for me at least. Well, we had a couple more stops and by the time we arrived at Wal-mart I had convinced Joe to get Emmett a tutu. Being a man, this is as close to a tutu as he could find. I'm sure Emmett would have found the perfect one if he would have gone into the store to assist Daddy. So, Emmett sported this look for about a good week. He even slept in it. Joe hated every minute of it. I finally waited until he took it off and wasn't looking to throw it in the wash. He found it again, soon after being clean, but Joe still wasn't having it. I was tired of listening to Joe so I hid it away for later, for Tatum. And people say women are the dramatic ones.
My opinion: Pick your battles. One simple skirt at the age of 2 1/2 years is not going to be what tips the scale either direction in years to come. Plus, he's our son, first and foremost, and our love is not conditional.
Meanwhile, I'm gonna take as many cute and funny pictures as I can. :-D
While shopping at Target, Joe took the boys to the toy section while Tatum and I did some shopping. Emmett picked out a nice holiday barbie. Joe let him carry the box around and when they met up with me, Emmett showed me his pretty find. I asked Joe if we were going to get it and he said no but that he'd picked out a racecar that drives up the wall instead (more manly). Joe didn't want the meltdown just yet so he let Emmett hold onto it while we were still in the store. I was proud that at least my son had picked out a clearance barbie. I'm obviously teaching him something. Frugality. :-)
Well, while Joe and I are making our final decisions on what we need vs. what I think we need, I look over and this is what I see . . .
Joe was not having it. The store was closing so Joe took the tutu off of Emmett and that's when the screaming ensued. He screamed all the way to the registers, through the checkout and out to the car, "I WANNA BE A PRINCESS!" It was actually pretty heartbreaking, for me at least. Well, we had a couple more stops and by the time we arrived at Wal-mart I had convinced Joe to get Emmett a tutu. Being a man, this is as close to a tutu as he could find. I'm sure Emmett would have found the perfect one if he would have gone into the store to assist Daddy. So, Emmett sported this look for about a good week. He even slept in it. Joe hated every minute of it. I finally waited until he took it off and wasn't looking to throw it in the wash. He found it again, soon after being clean, but Joe still wasn't having it. I was tired of listening to Joe so I hid it away for later, for Tatum. And people say women are the dramatic ones.
| I like how he's decided to accessorize with the snow boots. Nice touch. |
Meanwhile, I'm gonna take as many cute and funny pictures as I can. :-D
![]() |
| Princess? I think not. That is a great looking ballerina. |


hahaha- that is so cute! Johnny is OBSESSED with wearing necklaces and crowns! It cracks me up! Boys are just cute, aren't they? A small part of my hopes Emmett grows up into a linebacker or something so you can haunt him with those pictures! They are so darling.
ReplyDelete