Monday, July 13, 2009

Grandparents weekend visit

My dad and his wife, Terry, came to visit from Boise on Friday. I was great having them here. I made a point to plan somethings out for us to pick from and everything turned out perfect. We did so much.

On Friday we went to Idaho Falls to check out a store my dad has been wanting to go to. Then we went to the water park here in town and got completely soaked! Grandpa stayed with Emmett on the side taking pictures of me, Joe, Terry and Anderson running through the water.

Saturday, while Joe was at work, we went to the Zoo. It was Anderson's first time and he LOVED it. His favorites were the Ostriches, Sea Otters and the Monkeys. He got up the courage and fed a goat. He was afraid of a very friendly donkey and didn't mind the Yak. We saw baby bears and they kissed! I didn't think we'd have so much fun at the little zoo here but it was great. We'll definitely go again and bring Joe with us.


After the zoo, the adults went to a session at the Rexburg temple. It was great to be in the temple with my dad for the first time. It was also nice to go to the temple with Joe. Now that we have kids it's hard for us to go together instead of individually. After the temple, we went to Beaver Dick Park (what a horrible name for a place, huh?) and made a fire and roasted hot dogs & marshmallows and made smores. It was great. We really had a fun time!

On Sunday we went to church and after a nap and some lunch, we took a walk through the gardens on campus and enjoyed the flowers and took some family pictures. Then our visitors had to head back home to Boise. I'm still shocked we found so much to do in this small area that included everyone. I hope they come back soon because I have more ideas for adventure.*HINT*

We tried to get a cute picture of Anderson holding his brother but nope, he wasn't interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment