 |
| Glow in the dark pajamas. |
I've had a request for more pictures so here is an overload of what we have been up to lately:
Emmett had a birthday! He's 2! Boy does he let everyone know it. I hate the 2 year old stage. Emmett cries all the time right now. He's just having a hard time with trying to be so independent but not having the communication to go along with that independence. He wants things but he doesn't know how to tell us. I'm trying to teach him signs and words but when he gets beyond frustrated, it all goes out the window. When he isn't crying he's roughhousing with his brother. He's talking so much and Joe and I get a kick out of what he says. We aren't use to a 2 year old talking much so when we hear something we have to look around and ask if that was really Emmett that said something. We were leaving my dad's house the other day and we walked past all the rose bushes and he said, "I like flowers" as clear as day. It was so strange but so cool. He was jumping around the living room tonight saying, "I did it, I did it!" He was learning how to throw Star a new toy we bought her.
 |
| Emmett found a girlfriend. |
 |
| Emmett with his blanket. |
 |
Swinging in the backyard.
|
I don't have many pictures from his birthday but as soon as I can get them I will do a post about that.
 |
| Emmett on his birthday with his Little People Farm. |
 |
Emmett on his birthday with his new frog boots.
He loves these!
Now he doesn't have to wear Anderson's snow boots around.
|
Anderson is a BIG BOY now. That's what he tells people. Especially me, everyday. I guess I started this whole big boy idea. We have the hardest time getting the boys to eat their food. Any food. So, I started to tell Anderson that if he eats his food he'll grow big and strong just like daddy. Well, that's all it took. He walks out in the mornings and says, Ohhh, I can't touch the ceiling yet! He also sticks out his tummy and says he's so full he's gonna POP! He's decided that we are having a guuuurl (girl). No one can change his mind that it could possibly be something else. He says that it's a baby Emmett but it's a guuuurl. oh alright. I tell him he shouldn't say such things because he's getting my hopes up. Of course he also said there were 2 babies in mommy's tummy so we'll so how right he is with his gender prediction. He says that the baby's going to get really big and my stomach is going to POP and then the doctor is going to fix it and make it all better. I couldn't have put it better myself. That's pretty much the whole birthing idea in a nutshell anyways.
Funny things Anderson has said lately: I asked him to get me a popsicle from the freezer and he came into the living room and said, "We're fresh out." HUH? What did you say? He repeated himself, "We're fresh out of popsicles". OH, really? Fresh out, huh? Joe and I had a good laugh from that. At least once a week, if not more, when Anderson wakes up in the morning he asks for Joe. I will tell him that Daddy is at work. His response; "Ohhhh, A-G-A-I-N!!!!! I tell him that daddy has to go to work so he can buy him toys. :) We've been trying to get him to understand that there's a difference between girls and boys (he refers to all his friends as "his guys"). So I asked him what the difference is between girls and boys and he said that girls like the puppy park and boys like . . . . I forget what he said about the boys because the first part left such a lasting memory. The other night I was putting Anderson to bed and he was watching tv in his room and I said that he needed to keep it quiet. He said, "Okay but I have to talk. The tv's talkin' too".
I really should keep a notebook of all his funny sayings because he's getting really hilarious.
 |
Anderson got into the rice and threw it all over the living room
so cleaning that up was his chore for the day. |
 |
| Best seat in the house! |
 |
| The boys love playing in their pool. |
 |
Anderson's favorite past time, all day, every day.
He loves the feel of sand. |
 |
Emmett woke up last week with a new bump on his head 3 days in a row.
The doctor said it wasn't chickenpox and that he should be fine. Strangeness. |
 |
| Emmett at the water park. |
 |
| Egg coloring for Easter. Our boys don't like wearing clothes. |
 |
Better late than never: Easter
|
 |
There was a bad storm a couple weeks ago
and Anderson got scared so he hide under this blanket for protection. |
We are working on potty training Anderson. He and I went to the store tonight and bought big boy underwear because the kind I bought him a while ago aren't cool enough. HA! While at the register, I was talking to him about how we are going to use the potty now that we have cool underwear. The woman behind me in line and the cash register lady were saying how exciting that was. Then the woman in line said to me, "How old is he?" I told her. She was surprised because she thought he was 5 or so. I guess from what people have said he's tall for his age. I don't see it because he's always been a big boy from day one. About potty training, Emmett has decided he wants to join too. When Anderson goes potty, there's Emmett following close behind him saying he has to go potty too. So far, he hasn't done much but scream at the "scary" toilet but he's getting the idea.
 |
This is probably as close to twins as I'll ever get.
They always sit way too close to the t.v. |
I took a trip to Washington a month ago just me, myself and I. It was great. I stayed with my BFF Stephanie. She was having surgery on her ovaries and we were worried about a few things so I flew out there to be with her. It was great to get some much needed sleep and a break from motherhood (as much as one can while growing a baby). We had fun staying up late and making late night trips to the store. It's always strange for me to go back to where I went to high school and run into old classmates while I'm out and about. I was sick for a couple weeks right before I went on my trip and it lightened up a little bit but after a couple days there it came right back full force. The doctor's said it was bronchitis then it was allergies then somethings else. BLEH! All I know was that it lasted 4 weeks! how horrible is that! All that while still suffering from Morning (all day) Sickness. Ugh. So a break from my responsibilities was really needed. While there I learned a few crafty things. I learned how to reupholster a chair and how to make a cork board. Stephanie's grandparents collect wine corks so her mom gave me a bunch and I came home and made a cork board to display the artwork the kids make for me. I felt really happy with myself and my kids. They let me make it all in one sitting! I was really impressed.
 |
| The cork board I made. |
 |
| It crawled into her shirt! |
 |
| Stephanie with our friend's Boa. Eeek! |
 |
I like to send Joe random strange pictures
to remind him why he married me.
|
A pregnancy update: We find out what this little baby is in 1 week! BUT . . . Joe and I have decided to have a Baby Gender Reveal Party a few days later and cut into a cake to see what it is. So, we'll have the info but we refuse to peak until the party with all our friends and family there! Someone mentioned to my mom how they hope I don't burst into tears if it's another boy. I won't! I love babies! A girl would be cool since I am totally out numbered in my house but it's not terrible. I will probably cry though, either way. After all that we've gone through with losing the baby last time, we've had a hard time getting excited about this pregnancy. This party has and will be a great way to get us excited and hoping for the best. Just knowing that we have to wait until the party has started making us a little giddy about the whole thing. Even Joe has started talking about what he thinks it might be. I even found him checking out the baby name book the other night. That is a big deal in our house! I have been overly paranoid with this pregnancy and my doctor and nurses have been so helpful. They told me I could come in ANYTIME I'm a little worried and want to hear the heartbeat so we've gone in a couple times just to do that. Anderson and I went in last week and all was well and the heartbeat was 150 and the baby was moving around and kicking the doppler. Anderson and I talked about how we needed to listen to the heartbeat to make sure that the baby was growing healthy and how all was going well so that the baby could come and live with us and not have to go back to live with Heavenly Father. Anderson told me that he will help change the babies diapers, even messy ones. We'll see how that goes.
 |
We bought the baby it's "first" outfit.
Boy or Girl, I think it works. |
No comments:
Post a Comment