Monday, November 14, 2011

34 week update

I'm a week off of posting this but, better late than never.

34 weeks


23 weeks
This is the last pregnancy shot I posted on here . . . 11 weeks ago. As you can tell, a lot of growing has taken place. The one thing I think when I look at these pictures is, "That poor shirt."

At church today, so many people came up to me and said encouraging words like, "It's almost over." "She's almost here." "How are you holding up?"
I got in the van when church was out and I asked Joe if I was really THAT big because everyone said something that made me feel like they had the hospital on speed dial. :) He said, "Um, yeah, your big. You're at the stage where someone definitely doesn't have to question if you are pregnant or not." 
Good to know. I've been noticing more stares this week at the stores. It makes sense, I do feel very pregnant and my body is achy beyond belief, but I really just want to enjoy what's left of this pregnancy because I love the company that comes along with being pregnant. I'm never alone and it's nice to get a kick ever so often reminding me that I've got a little friend hanging out with me. This is my time to have my little girl all to myself. Maybe a little selfish but I don't think that's so bad. 

I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead, which is totally normal for this whole pregnancy. I did gain 9 lbs in 1 week! WHAT!? I made the nurse at my doctor's office weigh me 3 different times and on different scales. I was sure it was a mistake. My doctor assured me that weight gain like that was nothing more than water weight. I had been really proud of the fact that I hadn't started swelling yet, but as of this last week I have been feeling it creep up on me. ugh. On a good note, nothing can be as bad as the swelling I had with Anderson, that was miserable. The fact that I am still able to wear my wedding ring is a good sign to me that all is going great.

People have asked me if I am getting nervous about the delivery or about having a 3rd kid, etc. Nope. I'm mostly stressed about having a baby right before Christmas and trying to figure out how that is going to financially work. Joseph and I have talked about skipping Christmas this year. We'd put up a tree but no presents. We'll see what happens. Also, I'm nervous about having to keep the baby safe from her older brothers and their curiosities. It should be fun.


This past week, I was in a little fender bender. It was early and Anderson had woken me up at 3am so I thought might as well start my day. I got the kids dressed and fed. By 7:30am we were all packed into the van when I got behind the wheel and turned the key. Battery was dead. Of course, the appointment we were going to was something I had been trying to get to for over 2 1/2 months. Really? This is how it was going to go? Well, I called some guys and they helped push my van out of the garage and jumpstarted it for me. (thank you!) So, we were finally on our way, running late but whatever. The address to the building I was going to is new, so new that they haven't placed it on GPS yet (even with updates) so I had to wing it. Those who know me know I don't have a sense of direction. Joe said to call him when I reached this certain mall and then he'd guide me from there. Well, I did just that, but guess who wouldn't answer his phone, of course. So, I thought that I'd just drive straight and stay on the same road (instead of turning and getting super lost) and then wait for his call. I looked over at my GPS to see what road I was driving on so when Joe did call me back I could tell him where I was. I looked over at the GPS attached to my windsheild and back to the road. Bam! That's all it took. A utility truck in front of me stopped suddenly to turn and I slammed on my brakes and the van skid but not enough. I hit the back of his truck which was pulling a big metal trailer. OF COURSE!!! 

For the record, I have never been in an accident while I've been driving. FOR THE RECORD, I BLAME THIS ALL ON JOE! 

I'm actually surprised I didn't burst into tears. the moment the van hit the trailer, I felt my big belly hit the steering wheel. I was immediately achy. We pulled over, assessed the damage . . . there was none. I was sure my bumper was crunched. I guess vans are built fairly tough. The guy shook my hand and said we were good. He told me he was lost too and was trying to turn around. Two lost and confused people on the same road is not a good combination, I guess. As soon as I walked back to my van, Joe was of course finally calling me back. I was shaking so hard, and whimpering . . . very pathetic. After some talking and some directions I had calmed down and made it to my destination. Because I was late I had to wait forever for an available appointment. The kids were out of control and I was getting more and more achy and sore as the time went on. I called my doc and when they finally called me back they said I needed to go to Labor and Delivery as soon as possible. Just then, Joe walked into the office I was at and they rushed me through my appointment early and we headed to the hospital. They put me on the monitors immediately and told me I had to stay the night for continuous monitoring until the next day. It was not my plan for the day but it was actually really nice. It was pretty much just me in the room all to myself (with the sound of the heartbeat playing out loud). They even gave me a sleeping pill that night and I was in heaven. It was a nice little break from life, especially when I least expected it. Joe even babied me a little for a couple days when I got home. I needed that. Things are good and my body is better, still pregnancy achy but not pregnancy and car accident achy. 

And best of all, the baby is doing great. The nurses and doctor said she was doing great and didn't even seem phased by the accident at all. Tough girl, already!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment