I can't believe we are in December and our little girl will be here tomorrow! This has been a roller coaster ride of a pregnancy. I am more than ready to FINALLY hold a baby in my arms. I still won't believe it until she is in my arms safely. I am still a little hesitant of having things work out, but I think that is only normal. We've had a lot of heart break. Joe was telling people at church yesterday just how much he knows he's not prepared for her arrival compared to when we had the boys. I guess we are both being guarded with our emotions.
November 22nd came and went (the day we received the news our baby had passed away last year). It was a hard day. To mourn the loss of one child while looking forward to the arrival of another can be confusing. This Thanksgiving there was a lot to be grateful for, compared to how we felt last year. As always, my husband was by my side as I shed tears over the reminder of our loss but we know we are stronger because of what we have been through. I thought about it the other day, how our little girl is preparing to come down to our family and how she is spending her last moments with her sister's that weren't able to join our family here on earth. It brought joy and sorrow to my heart. I wish we could all be here together but given time we will all be together on the other side.
This pregnancy has been fun in a way. It feels like I'm pregnant for the first time, sometimes. I've never felt a baby move so much. The other kids were active but I can tell when she moves her head side to side and moves her shoulders. She rolls over and I can see her feet and knees stick out on my belly. It's strange, but cool. She also gets the hiccups a lot. I've never felt those before with the other babies. Also, she's the only baby so far to really jab at my ribs. Even though it's been uncomfortable, it's been fun. This is my first pregnancy that I haven't been on bed rest up until the end, so it makes sense that I am more tired this time around since I'm up doing stuff. I can't believe it's almost over, it's kinda sad, in a way.
More exciting news!
Joe was offered a job a month ago and was able to finally quit Burger King. I never thought that day would come. Burger King helped provide for our family (barely, but not quite) all through college, for that I am grateful. After having graduated over a year ago we were getting frustrated and depressed that Joe wasn't finding anything else. Of course, it's not the best time to be shopping around for a new job with this economy. After a couple interviews, he was offered the job and we can't stop thinking how blessed we are to have this come our way, especially with our baby almost here. Joe really likes it and his self esteem is getting better. He finally feels respected and intelligent. It's so good to see him happy after so long. He no longer has to work Sundays so he will be joining his family for church, this is a big deal for us. We have missed him. Probably me the most, with how hard it is to get the kids to church all by myself. We are still in the start up phase of getting everything going but he will finally have health insurance which is such a relief to his wife. He's also enjoying being able to dress nice when he goes to work.
We are so grateful!
Since quitting Burger King and no longer attending BYU-I, Joe has decided to grow a beard. I'm guessing he'll shave it when the baby comes and she gets annoyed with the prickly kisses.
![]() |
| Our Gingerbread house creation. Emmett again only wanted to eat the candy. I love how my boys never like to wear clothes, grrr! |
This year we bought the Little People Nativity for the kids and Joe sat us down for a Nativity story time. We are big fans of the Little People toy sets so when we searched everywhere for Joseph (baby Jesus' daddy) we improvised with the farmer from the Little People Barn set.




Yay for great news in your family!! Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking about you!
ReplyDelete