I wrote the previous blog post a week or so ago but finally just got around to posting it.
After a 2 week stay in the hospital, when we finally got home it took about 3 or so days for Joe and I to "catch up" on our hospital vacation of sleepless nights. We are so grateful that Docia (Joe's mom) was able to come and help us with sanitizing our house and having it completely ready for the boys when they finally came home. With their weakened immune systems we have been working at keeping things cleaned, sanitized and having them stay inside while they fully recover. It was wonderful having Docia here even after both the boys were sent home from the hospital. I'm not sure one can actually get caught up on missed sleep, but I sure tried and it was great to know that we had Grandma York here to help us through the transition.
Those 2 weeks of pregnancy, while in the hospital, hit my all at once when we finally returned home. I felt like I grew overnight. Now that I don't have the constant stress of being at the hospital with doctors and nurses in and out, updating us on lab results, I definitely feel like I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to have this baby. We have a little over 7 weeks left. Sure doesn't seem like it's very close, especially with so many friend's or friend's of friend's I know having babies recently. It seems every time I log onto Facebook, I see a newborn picture has been posted by someone. I'm sure these last few weeks are going to seem to have flown by when I have this little girl in my arms.
I'm starting to get back into the mode of prepping for our little bundle. I googled ideas on Do-It-Yourself projects to get cheap ideas to decorate the baby's room. I found something too easy to resist making. I think all in all it cost less than $20. Can't beat that!
This will be right above the crib . . . Joe and I both worked on it. SUPER EASY, especially since I don't sew. I have a sewing machine but I have yet to take it out of the box and I've had it almost a year. I'm waiting for the perfect time to have a sewing room and a place to escape, along with finding time for someone to teach me how to use it. All in due time. :) We went to Wal-mart and we didn't really have any set idea of what colors we wanted to decorate the "nursery" in so that was fun to just wing it. I knew for sure I wanted PINK, not overboard but a good amount. Joe and I came to an agreement on almost all the fabrics and I think it turned out wonderfully.
It you want to know how to make this, visit this website here.

No comments:
Post a Comment