Anderson is doing much better. His creatinine number is .9, finally below 1.0 where it needs to be. His Blood results number is 9, normal range is 12-15. It's getting higher to where it needs to be. Platelet count is 150 which has finally reached the normal range of 150-400. The level for his blood to know if his red cells are still being shredded and destroyed is at 3,000. The normal range is about 300, I think. Still trying to sort all the information we are being told. Anderson's getting better, so close even. He's just not eating and drinking enough to be able to be taken off fluids and lipids and his TPN.
Emmett is having a rough day. He won't eat. We've practically filled his room with every kind of food option and still nothing. He drank a small sip of juice for breakfast, just barely even a sip and threw up. It's hard seeing him so sick. Joe and I had not seen Emmett throw up once before all this E.Coli and HUS stuff started. It's been overwhelming for both of us. Emmett's creatinine levels are at 0.6 and his platelet levels went up from 16 last night to 20, still not close to the 150-400 range. His level for how his red cells are doing and being shredded are at around 4,400 and his blood count has dropped to 7.1, his is currently receiving his second blood transfusion. Today is more of an emotional day, for me at least. Not sure if it's the pregnancy hormones kicking in or knowing we seem to be so close yet not close enough to putting this all behind us. I hate seeing my little baby Emmett hooked up to some stranger's blood. I'm so grateful for those who donate blood, more grateful than I was 2 weeks ago or ever before in my life. I just wish I could pick him up and walk out of here and make it all better. Anderson's always been my little sidekick, my tough little guy. Emmett has been my sweet and innocent little baby. The emotions I have felt through all this with both boys have ranged so much since they are my babies and they are such individuals with different personalities. I think most of my anger today is that I'm ready for this to be done and I want answers to how and why this happened. I never want this to repeat itself and there are so many things left unsaid with how we even got here.
It has been an adventure just looking thru your blog and I am so inspired with how courageous your entire little family is!!!
ReplyDeleteTwo small questions-- Is your baby due Dec 13 or Oct 13?
There are people in the ward willing to donate blood if it will help-- so please let us know if you want them to.
Best of luck and tons of prayers!
I am in awe of you faith & strength. Wish there was something, anything I could do to help. Anderson was always one of my SPECIAL sunbeams. My prayers are with you and he boys. Stay strong and forget the guilt you are an AWESOME Mom!
ReplyDeleteSister Green
Thank you so much for your posts and your faith and courage. It really helps put things into perspective for me. I'm sorry that I couldn't come visit you with Teena. My kids and I have been sick so I didn't want to put your little ones in any danger. Just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope today is a better one than yesterday, and they just keep getting better from here.
ReplyDeleteEsther Palmer
Our prayers go out to you and your beautiful family.
ReplyDelete