Monday, October 24, 2011

Books

Is it silly that Joe and I have our favorite books, from our "youth", that we bought for our kids? Is it silly that I hate to read Joe's favorite book and I can't read mine either, because (pregnant or not) I can't refrain from crying?

Joseph's favorite book is:
I really don't like this book. It's not a bad book. I just get a little irked every time I read it. I just want to reach into the book and smack the little boy/old man for being so mean and self-centered to the poor tree.

My favorite book:


I can't find words to explain how this book makes me feel. It's such a simple book but it seems to speak volumes. When I was young and I read this book for the first time, it described my ideal future completely. Now, I am living that future and I STRUGGLE to read this to my boys without tearing up and blubbering through the lines. I usually will try to start reading it but have to hand the book over to Joe to finish it as I continue to wipe away my tears. Again, I will add, pregnant or not, I will cry every time I read it.

Is this normal, or strange?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, definitely my favorite book too! (yours, not joe's :) And I'm a mess when I read it, but like you I am pregnant so I guess we can both blame it on that! I've been thinking about putting vinyl lettering on the wall of our new baby's nursery that says "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." See this link: http://pinterest.com/pin/286192523/

    ReplyDelete